Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dominican Republic Mission's Trip: Update



Even our Founding Fathers took time out to listen to some tunes in between battles for our freedom. I found this picture on the net and thought it was pretty funny.

I am listening to the news and I am hearing that 20 are dead, 20 are missing in the Dominican Republic from the tropical storm that is slamming the island with over 20 inches of water. Mud slides and severe flooding are still on the rise. I am hoping that our crew can go down and help out with any disaster relief if needed. I was concerned that our flights might be delayed or cancelled if the rains are heavy. Plane flights could be backed up for days or even weeks if the airport is closed, I have noticed that there are always flights cancelled during hurricane season. I plan on calling today and checking with Pastor Jose and see how things are holding up. I feel helpless here....get me working and keep my mind busy.

Can someone help me understand this? I do not do the food shopping in my family, but I am aware that some food products have "box tops" points that can be saved up and given to schools for discounted items, or used for money drives and incentives. I thought I knew that info. News Flash!....I am in the bathroom and I notice my wife box of Kotex on the floor and I notice that they have "box tops" available. I break out laughing and my wife asks me what is so funny. I bring out the box and show her....since when did women's products contain points. That is so funny....so is Coke Rewards going to get into putting points on shaving cream or condom boxes. I couldn't believe my eyes. How ironic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home