Monday, October 29, 2007

Red Sox Celebrate as World Champions in 2007



I have to admit, even know the Sox swept the Rockies...I was worried that there was enough room for a comeback. I knew the Rockies are a young and talented team (similar to the Sox). The rookies this year are outstanding, we had major support from Jacoby Ellsbury, Jon Lester, Dice-K, Dustin Pedoria, Clay Bucholtz. This team will be a contender for years to come. Now I can get some sleep and start reading again.

This past weekend went by faster than I anticipated. Saturday, I went to the local Goodwill and was looking for some books and any clothes that I might need for the mission's trip that is only weeks away. I heard that the Dominican Republic is expected to get over 10 inches of rain within the next few days. This will flood out streets for days...I remember we had hard steady rain for a hour that made all the streets look like canals, and lakes. Hours later, the water was evaporated and gone. The humidity is hard to work in, but if you make work into "fun things" the days go by faster. By the end of the week you are drained and ready to go back to life in the states. Back to my weekend.....we had lots of rain and I was stuck inside all day. Sunday, my son had homework and projects to work on. I have missed several weeks of church (wife has a bad back) and she cannot sit for long periods of time. Please pray for her and help the recovery process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home