Friday, November 9, 2007

I am almost on my way!


I am just hours away from starting my adventure. My wife is hosting a book club dinner, so that means I have to get lost for several hours this evening. I am almost 100% packed up and ready to go. There are a few minor items that I plan to bring for the kids in the Dominican Republic that I cannot wait to give out. I support a girl in the Dominican and pay for her schooling. I found a few neat items that I think will be fun to give her. I found a Winn-Dixie book in Spanish that might be a good read for her. My wife and I have been so busy this week and it seems that we have had no time to relax and make of each other before I actually leave....I guess that builds up for some fun time when I return home a week later. I will need heavy prayer during this week and focus on getting home without any illnesses that you can get in the D.R. without knowing your infected. This week should be a busy week with several projects to do, we have things such as improving the playground and fixing up the classrooms with air conditioning and maybe some fresh paint. We also are going to re-connect the plumbing and make to toilets have running water for the first time. I am packing light and making sure to have many changes of under clothes and socks. I will update this blog again once I have return and have some new photos to show in flickr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libbydale said...

Pray for Paul...he's gonna be a bummer boy all weekend knowing you are "on your way", and he's not. And oh, yes, include me in those prayers too. Say Hello to everyone for us. And wish the book club well for me too!:)

November 9, 2007 at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home