Friday, November 30, 2007

my first geocaching experience


When I was in the Dominican Republic, Breck introduced me to the world of geocaching. I kind of had some curiosity towards the hobby but never pursued it. I was able to toggle around with a gps unit by Garmin and get a feel for what I was looking for. When I got home I found a local cache and was excited to see what was within the mysterious case. At the time I didn't have anything to add into the case so I just logged in my time into the book and placed the box back into the nook where it was before. Since then I have been using google maps to coordinate the locations of cache's in my area. This is just like a treasure hunt and it also involves the outdoors which will get me off my computer during those warm summer evenings. I know I am thinking ahead...winter will surely be here for several months before the snow melts away where I will be able to see the covered cache's.
The photo was taken on 11/18/07 - cache name was "Feeling Moody" in Maine.
Please share our stories with me about your lucky finds with geocaching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home