Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry CHRISTmas Everyone!


Just hours away....my kids by this time tomorrow will already be exhausted, there will be paper, bows and ribbons to gather and throw away. The smell of turkey (once again) will loom in the air. I will be preparing for a Christmas dinner and then before you know it. It will be "nappy" time for some of us. The best thing I enjoy in the afternoon is watching "A Christmas Story" over and over again. That is the movie about "Ralphie" who wants a pellet gun sooooooo bad that he visions himself as an outlaw and then as a blind man. When I was a kid I actually went to the movie theaters to see this movie when it came out (shows my age).


Wife Update - She is still in pain, alot of pain. She is still taking her meds every few hours. She has been getting up and walking a little bit and she is starting to sit down. Sitting down puts alot of pressure on her back and stitches. She is slowly getting better. The drugs make her sick and dizzy alot so she seems to be in bed while the meds take affect. Last night we all crowded onto the bed with her and watched "ELF" again. No matter how many times I watch the movie....I still laugh like it was the first time. It broke up the quietness in the house. Tomorrow I am trying to figure out how to get her into the van....I live on a hill and there is still some ice and snow that makes it slippery. Last night we had alot of heavy wind and rain. Thank you God for making the roads better. I have been traveling alot with bad road conditions. I will post more soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home