Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Always time for a quickie.....

GC4E08 - Belfast By the Bay, Maine

At noon today (1:49 min ago EST) I had a 30 minute lunch break and thought I would try to get a cache and get out and enjoy the weather. If you look a the Maine map for geocaching you will see that most cache locations are spread out within a certain region. Since we no longer have a manager...I discussed with my peers that I was off to bushwhack for a cache. I challenged myself to find the cache and be back to work within 30 minutes. I got my coords and took off to my vehicle. I had to maneuver through traffic and head towards the ocean to a fish factory. I parked out back where some of the workers hand out and take breaks. From my vehicle to the cache was .33 miles away. I started to jog in the nice summer sun with my jeans and polo shirt on. When I was about 140 feet away I lost a signal several times which ate up a few minutes. I realized I had to get off the old train tracks and head down a hill which was grown in with weeds and large green plants. I lost my footing several times and almost tumbled to the cache. I found the cache and at this time I was drenched with sweat and twigs all over my pants and shirt. I found an ammo box and it was loaded with goodies.....I left a Dial America tape measure and took a Santa Pez dispenser. I had to run back to the van and drive back to work. This cache adventure to 40 minutes total, so that means I was late from lunch and I have to make up some time. I don't mind making it up....after all I find that cache and had an off road adventure that I wasn't expecting. What would you do for a cache quickie......and try keeping your head out of the gutter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan J. Moore Photography said...

it sounds like an indiana jones adventure. Curse of the lost signal! HAHA

August 2, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home