Tuesday, July 22, 2008

weekly recap

I hid my 8th cache last week in an area that is used in the winter. I placed a cache along a snowmobile trail that is used to get to a few gas stations and diners. The ironic thing about this cache is that you can park out behind a police station to start out. Well since I planted this cache last week, the local police are wondering why so many people are "all of a sudden" using this trail during the summer. I decided to invest in an ammo can and paint it Red, White and Blue. It is called RED SOX NATION and I thought it was time we had some neat themed caches to find that you could trade swag for items cache related. check out the log entries on http://www.geocaching.com/ and this is the reference number GC1E6TP

Camping: I went camping last week here in Maine. http://www.moretolifecampground.com/
This is a Christian campground that is growing by the year. I normally do not hike or camp out in National or State Parks but, I did a few years ago and didnt really enjoy all the people walking across my lot in the middle of the night in order to get to the bathrooms. It felt like I was in a field with 1000's of others who didnt want to stop partying until sunrise. More to Life was quiet and most noise was gone by 9pm and the weather was perfect (no rain). Fishing was bad...I had seen more turtles than fish that weekend. Along the way to camping there we're at least 5 caches to find. My wife begged my to leave the gps behind....I did. It is hard to pass up a trip without a few finds. I have a personal goal to get over 100 finds this year without traveling too much. I have almost hit every cache within a 15 mile radius of my house. Now I need to travel outside the county to find more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home