Sunday, October 5, 2008

Geocaching this week

Yesterday was a great day to get out and enjoy the fall weather we have been having for the last 2 weeks. The temps are in the mid 60's and the leaves are turning different colors.
I loaded up my gps with a few recently placed cache locations and headed out. First stop was "Split Rock I" GC1G2XC which is in Warren, Maine. It was a nice walking preserve with many wooden foot bridges along the way. It was a very wet walk and I am glad I brought my boots. I found the cache and headed out to the next cache just a few miles down the road.
"Split Rock II" GC1GG3P this was another similar hike accept it was about 1.5 miles each way. I ended up meeting another cacher couple parmachenee who has done several thousand cache finds. It was nice talking about our geocaching experiences together and also seeing what kind of gps's they used. We found this cache together and looked at the huge rock in the middle of nowhere. I found a neat path tag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home