Friday, January 30, 2009

Maine has too much snow to geocache :-(


Here are the 2 new geocoins that I purchesd off ebay and activated. I have noticed that the average coin are around the 10-12 range. So, I have been waiting for a bargain...or less than what coins had been going for last year. Come and get them and take them some where warm and heavily traveled.








Here are a few more projects that I had been working on while winter has held me back from exploring new cache finds. The perler ghoul is from a Nintendo game called Final Fantasy...and Mario is from a gameboy game called QUIX. I thought Mario sporting a sombrero was worth making.




January has been quite a month for snow, ice and more ice....I cannot fathom how that spring is just 48 days and a few hours away.
GEOCACHING - Today was a sunny but frigid day, I have had caching on my mind for weeks now. I had someone geocoin in my pocket for weeks and I thought it was time to drop off the coin and allow someone else to pass it along....I had 2 of my own to drop off. I went to a place that is just off U.S. Route 1 and next to a popular diner. I laced up my boots and grabbed my shovel to dig out the ammo can and check up on the cache loot. I stomped through snow that was up to my knees and just off the path where lots of deer tracks.....so this little event took about 10 minutes and it felt good to look at the log book and rummage through the toys and goodies. So now "feeling moody" has 4 geocoins and 1 travel bug just waiting for the next adventurer. Next, I will find time to actually use my new gps that I have had since Christmas.






























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home